TRAXX Coachlines provides daily scheduled service between Medicine Hat and Calgary, with a stop at the Red Arrow North Calgary ticket office (for connections to Red Deer, Edmonton and Fort McMurray), Foothills Hospital, Cross Iron Mills Mall and Airdrie.
TRAXX offers spacious interiors, large windows, state-of-the-art entertainment systems on a 32 passenger luxury motor coach and professional, experienced and courteous drivers ready to take the stress out of travel.
As with all of the service providers on AlbertaBus.com, customers and their safety and comfort are TRAXX’s number one priority.
1. Where does TRAXX travel in Alberta?
TRAXX travels from Medicine Hat with various stops in Calgary/Airdrie and return. TRAXX stops in Brooks, Bassano and Strathmore when pre-booked.
2. If I miss the coach, can I simply travel on the next one?
No. When you miss the coach without informing TRAXX seat goes “empty”. We do not sell open-ended tickets; seats are purchased for travel on a specific coach at a particular time. We work on a reservation system.
3. Can I cancel or change my trip and receive a full refund?
To qualify for a refund or exchange, reservations must be cancelled 30 minutes prior to a.m. departures and 3 hours prior to p.m. departures. Reservations departing from remote locations (Brooks, Bassano or Strathmore) MUST call ½ hour PRIOR to the coach departing the originating ticket office. You are not eligible for a refund or exchange after time of travel unless previously cancelled. You have 10 days in which to pick up your refund.
4. Do I need ID or a ticket when traveling with TRAXX?
Yes. When traveling with TRAXX you may be asked for ID at anytime.
5. What is the minimum age that a child can travel alone on TRAXX?
Unaccompanied Children must be ten to twelve years of age inclusive. Children under the age of ten must be accompanied by someone 13 years of age or older.
6. Do I have to book my trip in advance?
It is preferable to pre-book but walk on customers are welcome in Medicine Hat and at all Calgary and Airdrie stops.
7. How far in advance must I arrive before departure?
You should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
8. If I need a ticket at the last minute, can I pay the driver cash?
Yes, if there are seats available. The driver will also accept credit card or debit.
9. Can my child sit on my lap?
Children under the age of 2 can travel at no charge as long as they sit on an adult’s lap.
10. Can I bring a child’s car seat on-board?
No. There are no seat belts and it can’t be secured it would need to be stored in the luggage compartment. A child under 2 rides free if on the parents lap.
11. Are pets allowed on board?
No. We will only accept an animal that is required by a person for assistance and is certified as having been trained to assist a person (animal guide).
12. How many pieces of luggage can I bring on TRAXX?
1 regular and 1 carry on (must fit in the overhead parcel rack) and more if pre-booked.
13. What are your baggage liability restrictions?
Maximum baggage liability is $100.00. Any damage must be reported to TRAXX within 24 hours or claim may be refused.
14. If I require a wheelchair or scooter, can I travel with TRAXX?
Yes. However, your wheelchair or scooter will need to be stored in the luggage compartment.
15. Can my attendant travel with me at a reduced price?
16. What is the maximum seat capacity on TRAXX?
There are 32 seats in total.